We are excited to see all the dancers on stage at Showcase Rehearsal!
Showcase Rehearsal – Required for all Dancers
February 20-21, 2021 at Southview Middle School
What is Showcase?
Showcase is an on-stage rehearsal for the dancers & instructors to prepare for competitions. Dancers are able to practice spacing/staging and instructors are able to see their choreography on stage. A professional videographer is there to capture the routines for dancers and instructors to review and make necessary changes. Each routine has allocated 10-mins on stage.
- 2021 SHOWCASE SCHEDULE
- Arrive 10 mins before your stage call time (Pixies/Minis can arrive at 8:15 AM)
- One parent per dancer allowed
Southview Middle School (4725 South View Lane, Edina, MN 55424)
PARK / MEET
- Door 10 will be the door you want to use. It is the door adjacent to the Green Parking Lot, which is next to the Edina Community Center and the middle school. It is directly off of South View Lane.
- Enter the Auditorium quietly and wait for your dancer to be called
- Arrive fully ready to dance – stretched and ready to go!
- Black leotard
- Tan Tights
- Appropriate shoes
- Performance Earrings (New 2020 ones)
- FULL HAIR/MAKEUP
Dancers will be wearing are required to wear full hair and makeup. Follow the directions below or this link for hair and makeup tutorials. This is a great run through before Pictures and Competitions 🙂
The bun is a low, medium sized bun. Some dancers will need to use bun builders and others may not. It should be located center back and be touching the neckline of your hair. There should be no space between your bun and neckline.
- Platinum Dance events will follow the Organized Sports (Adult & Youth) guidelines and ensure we do not go over the indoor venue guidance (25% capacity, up to 150). There are 583 seats at South View Auditorium therefore 25% capacity is 145 people.
- During the practice / rehearsal (Saturday, Feb 20 and Sunday, Feb 21) dancers under the age of 9 will be allowed ONE parent chaperone (also known as “spectator”) at this event. They will be asked to socially distance themselves in the auditorium while they wait for their dancer. To stay below the 145 max, we have organized our event BY TEAM. There will be no more than 2 teams present at a time (30 people + 1 chaperone).
- Please be respectful of this important stage time, refrain from chatting & social distance from others.
Format Each routine will rehearse 10 minutes on stage. First, dancers will run their dance with stage lights (like the real deal!) and we will record the first run through. Then, they will spend time walking through formations, stage transitions, or any part the instructor feels needs attention – specifically stage and transition corrections.
Rehearsal Fees We do not charge for extra practice weekends, however, we do split up the cost of showcase rehearsal. A small rehearsal fee helps with the cost of rental, techs, videographer, staff, and floor rental. Showcase fees are due on (Feb 1) and are $14 per dance, per dancer! Thank you again for helping these dancers prep for competition!
Auditorium We really want this rehearsal to be effective, so the auditorium is closed to the public. Dancers, instructors, and a parent/guardian are allowed but must be quiet and respect the rehearsal.
Dressing Rooms There are no dressing rooms. Dancers will wait in the auditorium quietly until their dances are called to stage.
Video Review The staff reviews each video as a team and creates a plan for each dance. Please note that dances will and can change all season long to ensure we are stage ready. Judges do not want to see what we are working on, they want to see what we have perfected.
There are two “spectator” events during our rehearsal. These performances will be TEAM BY TEAM and DANCER BY DANCER to ensure the indoor venue guidance is being followed.
Performance Team Performance Saturday, Feb 20 3:00 – 5:30 pm
This event is TEAM BY TEAM
Limited to 6 spectators per dancer / max 85 spectators in the auditorium at one time
Solo Showcase Performance Sunday, Feb 21 11:30 – 3:30 pm
This event is DANCER BY DANCER
Limited to 8 spectators per dancer / total of 8 people in the auditorium at a time + staff
Thank you for spending a fun weekend with PDC!