LEAGUE OF CHAMPIONS COMP: Feb. 28th
Required Solo, Duo, Trio & Small Groups Only
**no pixies, large groups, or team groups**
Ames Center – 12600 Nicollet Ave, Burnsville, MN 55337
- This competition will be using a block schedule and arrival times will be when we are allowed to enter the building.
- ONE adult guest PER dancer is allowed – Please pick up your wristband at the front desk at PDC before Sunday! (dancers do not need a wristband)
- Due to the current laws in Minnesota, masks will be required to be worn by everyone at all times. This includes dancers dancing on the stage.
- Overall and Special Awards will be recorded separately and available on Monday – More info to come!!
- Waivers must be completed prior to the event – https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5f71fda309561/web/
LOC will be live streaming the event! Please feel free to share the live stream information with family and friends, as the event is restricted to allow ONE adult guest (parent) PER dancer. Click HERE to view the live stream over this weekend!
IMPORTANT NOTES FROM LOC:
- Dancers and audience members may arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to your studio’s first routine in their block.
- During awards, dancers will not be on stage, but they are welcome to watch from the audience. The awards, along with the rest of the show, will also be live-streamed if dancers wish to leave early. Upon completion of the awards announcement, a studio director/teacher should pick-up your adjudicated plaques and pins at the merchandise table.
- In order to help us clear the building and clean the dressing rooms in between blocks, we ask that everyone is out of their dressing room as soon as their block is over.
- As a reminder, masks must be worn by everyone at all times. This includes dancers dancing on the stage. Face Shields are not considered masks.
- Wristbands are at the studio. These must be worn by teachers, staff, and parents to enter the building during your block times.
This comp has 3 levels of competition and is based on hours per week and competition experience.
- Recreational Champions: (Recreational) – The recreational division is for recreational dancers with little or no competition experience, dancing less than 3 hours per week.
- Rising Champions: (Intermediate) – Dancers with limited competition experience and who perform at a level that would be expected from dancers that study between 3-5 hours per week.
- League of Champions: (Advanced) – Dancers with significant competition experience and who perform at a level that would be expected from dancers that study more than 5 hours per week.
Judges will take into consideration choreography, technique, showmanship, and precision. Each judge will award up to 100 points.
Please remember that dance judging is subjective. The judges change year to year, each competition has a different scoring system and judges come from all different backgrounds.
The awards given are: Legendary (Advanced Level Only), Platinum, High Gold, Gold
Group Ages are birth dates as of January 1, 2020
Age groups are:
|Minis — 6 years old and under
Future Champions – 7 and 8 year olds
Junior – 9-11 years old
Teen – 12-14 years old
Senior – 15-19 years old
League of Champion Extras:
REGIONAL TITLE AWARDS: You may enter one solo for title. A solo cannot be entered in both title and the regular competition, though a soloist may compete in both title and the regular competition with two different solos. All solos competing for the title category must be pre-registered. Title categories may NOT be entered at the door. Contestants may not switch into the title category at a competition. However, you may drop out of the title category and back into another discipline at the competition, prior to the solo and title categories taking place. Title winners will be selected based upon the routine displaying the most outstanding performance quality including; technique, showmanship, execution of routine, overall performance, and costume. Title winners’ videos are posted online. Optional for dancers with two solos.
ACHIEVEMENT AND CHOREOGRAPHY AWARD: Our judges will select certain outstanding performances for achievement awards. Plaques will be awarded to the winning routines. Achievement awards include, but are not limited to: Technique, Choreography, Showmanship, Fabulous Feet, Broadway Diva, Intensity, and Costume.
CRITICS’ CHOICE AWARD: Our judges will select certain outstanding routines as Critics Choice routines and these videos will be posted on the website. The Critics Choice awards will be awarded for entertainment value and technique and do not require a certain score from the judges.
BEST IN CATEGORY: In both the Rising Champions and League of Champions levels, League of Champions will recognize the top soloist in each age division in all categories with a minimum of 3 entries. In both the Rising Champions and League of Champions levels, League of Champions will recognize the top overall group in each division in all categories with a minimum of 3 entries.
Dressing Rooms /Practice Space
Dressing rooms will be assigned to us. Look for PLATINUM DANCE CENTER on a sign when you get to the venue. Please plan ahead though and get as ready as possible at home. Dressing room space may be limited! We will have the best practice space in the venue when we arrive. Please make sure that your dancer(s) stay with their team and/or teacher when it’s time to warm up, practice, and go backstage.
Because competition schedules are constantly changing and/or going out of order, it is difficult to give an exact time and meeting place for each group, as it will change throughout the day. Please pay attention to the order and know that each routine is about 3 mins to know what time we will go on.
Register with Remind 101 to receive alerts on comp days. Text the message: @pdccomp To the number: 81010 – Or follow this link www.remind.com/join/pdccomp
Our competition goals are simple: have fun, beat ourselves (get better, #alwaysmore) and avoid injury! We hope the dancers have an absolute blast! #platinumstrong #platinumproud #teampdc #pdcfamily #alwaysmore