And just like that, our summer is coming to an end! As we prepare for Fall, please stay connected with us online to stay up-to-date on all dance related info.
We have two Parent Welcome videos for you to watch this week! This is part of our 2020-21 Welcome Meeting Video Series in leu of our in-person meeting. We encourage you to take a walk, listen in the car & catch up on your own time.
CULTURE (12:00 mins) https://www.loom.com/share/3863a40957ad40669b12dfbc5d2f4733
NEW PARENT GLOSSARY * (34:00 mins) * For brand new dance families! This walks you through all the basics!
Last weeks weekly update had important info, be sure you are caught up by reviewing it here:
New Policies for Fall
We’ve made updates to our Safer Studio policies for the Fall. Two changes that you need to take note of:
- A new mask mandate (ages 5+) required in studio at all times, even when dancing. It is important for consistency to follow the same guidelines for all classes, but will be reviewing this policy as often as needed. * Let’s give our best grace to the kiddo who can’t wear the mask! A small number of our peers and students cannot mask up for a variety of reasons, and the mask mandate supports this, therefore, these dancers may remove their mask while properly distanced and exerting in class. Please note the mandate also allows for our teachers to drop their masks to give instructions from an appropriate distance of 6 feet or greater.
- New Entrance & Exit for all Comp dancers is DOOR 4 (Studio 4 side door / Kitchenette entrance). Comp families will use this entrance ONLY for all classes during the School Year.
- Review all policies below:
Although the locker room will have new safety rules, we feel it’s still important to offer a safe place for dancers to keep shoes & belongings while at the studio. We are offering discounted lockers this season ($60 for the year!). If you want to reserve a locker (both new/returning) please fill out the form below:
Thank you to the returning families for taking our Team Gear survey, as it made our decision easy! The results are in…
- 87% would like to keep our white Lululemon warm-up jackets! And although Ivivva went out of business, we were able to find an alternative youth white jacket for our youngest dancers.
- Although we could make some improvements with our make-up kit, 61% would like to keep it. With the season we are in, it’s best to stick it out one more year. We look forward to finding a new alternative next season.
First Day of Dance
Wednesday, September 9
Reminder that all dancers must come to the first day of dance knowing their choreography. They can practice using the videos online at platinumcomp.com