Happy RECITAL week dancers!!! We are so excited to see our Comp dancers on stage once more this weekend, as well as to celebrate our 6 AMAZING graduates! We are so proud of our dancers and we love you all dearly!!
- Recitals are THIS WEEK at Bloomington-Jefferson on Friday, May 7th & Saturday, May 8th!
- View Schedule HERE
- Dressing Rooms
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the show begins and find your dancers dressing room.
- Review your dancers dressing room space below.
- Try to pack light so dancers can social distance.
- Help your dancer get their belongings organized for speedy changes before the show.
|Edina – Friday 5:30 PM|
|Junior Co||Choir room|
|Teen Co||Orchestra room|
|Edina – Friday 7:00 PM|
|Senior Co||Choir room|
|Edina – Saturday 6:00 PM|
|Edina – Saturday 6:30 PM|
|Edina – Saturday 7:30 PM|
|Junior A||Choir room|
- 5 and 10 Year Awards
- Dancers completing their 5th or 10th year with Platinum, will be honored with a special award during their team recital. They may pick up their award backstage at the end of their team show.
- 6th and 11th year dancers will also be recognized for their achievement, as we are unable to hold recitals in 2020.
- As a reminder, the mask policy at our recital venue (Bloomington Jefferson High School) is the same as our policy at the studio. Anyone over the age of 5 is required to wear a mask indoors at all times.
- This includes dancers while on stage performing.
- Hair & Make-Up
- Recital Tickets/Seating
- This year, due to limited occupancy capacities and social distancing in the auditorium, we will not be selling tickets. Each family will be charged a Recital Performance Package fee and will be given a family pod to sit at in the auditorium at the show.
- Each distanced pod consists of 8 seats, therefore, you can bring anywhere from 1-8 people. Simply show up at your dancer’s show with your party (1-8 people) and we will assign you a pod! There is only ONE pod reserved per dancer per show.
- If you need to make any changes to those attending the show, please try to do so before your dancer(s) show.
- Recital Package Includes
- Spectator passes (max of 8, but this # is subject to change based on venue capacity limits in May)
- Dancer performance fee
- Digital recital program
- Digital download of your show day (for example: Monday classes will receive the video download of all Monday Mini Shows)
- Link to download photos from your dancer’s performance on stage
- Souvenirs — DEADLINE to order: April 29th at 11:59pm
- All souvenirs will be sold via pre-order only online and will be available for pick-up the day of the show.
Comp Banquet 2021
- Please RSVP your dancer to our Comp Banquet on May 19th
- Our numbers are limited so at this time only parents of Graduating Seniors are able to attned
- We do have a Parent “Waiting List” RSVP form you can fill out
2021 Summer Classes
Here are the Comp 2021 Summer Dates for you to put on your calendars! Registration is now open!!
- Do you have questions regarding Summer Comp Dance?! Take a peek at our FAQs document below:
- Summer Comp Save the Dates
- Small Group auditions will be separate from SDT this year.
- Stretch & Improv is now a 2-day camp!
- Sign-Up for our Small Group Training classes HERE
- Take advantage of our training resources HERE
Comp Camp — August 2021
Comp Camp is required for all dancers. Please reserve the following:
- Pixies, Mini, Petite & Junior Teams — August 16th – 19th
- Petite & Junior Small Groups — August 20th
- Teen & Senior Teams — August 23rd – 26th
- Teen & Senior Small Groups — August 27th
- Hip-Hop with Trey Barber (by audition only) — August 11th – 13th
*If there are any school orientations or required events during the above weeks, please let us know ASAP as the tentative schedule is nearly complete.