We have arrived at our first FULL studio Competition of the season!! Our dancers and staff have worked so hard this season and we are so excited for our first competition!!
APPLAUSE COMP INFO
- Our first full studio comp includes all Platinum Dance comp teams with our Pixies and West teams included!
- 2 Spectators per dancer allowed
- View Comp Schedule > HERE
- Costume Check-List > VIEW
- Packing List > VIEW
- Competition Hair & Make-Up Info > VIEW
- Important Applause Info > Read More HERE
ATTENTION PARENTS — you paid a $25 media fee for Applause Talent this weekend. In order to receive your photos & videos – you need to set-up your Parent Center before the comp.
Visit the Applause website. You will receive all photos in your Parent Center. * NO VIDEO TAPING OR PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED — https://applausetalent.com/create-account
- Dancers should meet at the studio following each Platinum Dance block that they perform in. We will celebrate all of our dancers and their awards together!!
- Friday meet at PDC @ 5pm
- Saturday meet at PDC @ 12pm (Noon)
- Sunday meet at PDC @ 8pm
Competition Info (Required) > View More
Competition Season Kick-Off & Celebration
- When: This week, March 8th – 11th
- Where: During dancers team classes
- What: We will be celebrating and getting pumped up for our first full competition next weekend.
- Dancers will be discussing competition etiquette, new block scheduling & awards format, as well as what the new role of captains will look like!
- We are so excited to celebrate with the dancers and to see them on stage so soon!!
Save the Date! — Competition Banquet
- Please save the date of May 19th for our Competition Banquet!
- More details will be coming soon!!
Ballet Attendance Rules & Expectations Update
- Please arrive on time for each class! For Ballet classes, if you arrive while the class is doing degages, you are late and will not be allowed to join the class that day. This is to ensure that you do not injure yourself by skipping the VITAL first exercises that warm up the body properly, as well as don’t disturb the class in session.
- **Exceptions will only be made for one-time emergencies that are called into the studio.
- A dancer will be marked present ONLY if they attend from the beginning of class, and stay for a minimum of 75% of class time. Example: 4:30-5:45 pm class, a dancer leaves at 5:30 at the earliest.
2021 Summer Save the Dates
Here are the Comp 2021 Summer Dates for you to put on your calendars! Registration is now open!!
- Summer Comp Save the Dates
- Our summer calendar was created to allow for small group camps if necessary (similar to last year).
- Small Group auditions will be separate from SDT this year.
- Stretch & Improv is now a 2-day camp!
- There is more clarification around Comp Camp dates in August to help you better plan around it.
- ** NEW ** Take advantage of our training resources HERE
- Applause Competition (Pixies & West) > March 12th – 14th
- Masquerade Competition (no Pixies) > March 19th – 21st
- Spring Break > March 29th – April 4th
- BravO! Competition (no Pixies) > April 16th – 18th
- Starpower Competition (Pixies & West) > April 23rd – 25th
- Recital Week > May 3rd – 8th
- Competition Banquet > May 19th
MARCH Store Sale – March 15th – 20th!
- Egg-Stravaganze Sale!!
- Choose an egg & receive a store discount!